1. As a small family company, we offer a friendly and personal service to all our clients, whether they are buying or selling property. We have been established in the area since 2005, and have built up a solid reputation as reliable professionals that you can depend upon. We have sold over 200 local properties since our new office opened in 2015! We are proud to support and put something back into the local community by sponsoring the Racing San Miguel football team, Help Vega Baja charity, San Miguel Tigers petanca club and the Tarambanas carnival group every year.
2. PEACE OF MIND We are members of the AIPP (Association of International Property Professionals). The AIPP checks all members before approving membership, and members must abide by a stringent set of rules and regulations (the code of conduct). Our clients have recourse to the Property Ombudsman in the UK if we breach the code of conduct. Members may also be brought before an AIPP disciplinary committee. When you buy and sell with us, you are also covered by our professional civil responsibility insurance which protects all parties against any personal or financial damage up to 300,000 euros. Many agencies (especially those without offices, will not cover you in this way).
3. INTERNATIONAL MARKETS - the Belgian, French, Dutch, Scandinavian and Icelandic markets are extremely active at the moment. We collaborate with other agencies who specialise in bringing these kinds of clients to Spain, and many of our sales are as a result of networking with other agents such as these. In such cases, there is no increase in the total agents fee, ie you pay nothing extra! More importantly, by offering your property to a broad mix of nationalities, you are more likely to get a better offer for your property, leading to higher proceeds to you compared to when you sell via agents who offer low fees but don´t market your property properly to clients from all over the world. Our website is available in 17 different languages too - just click on the flags at the top of the page! We speak English and Spanish (Andy holds an A2 certificate from the Instituto de Cervantes, and a GCSE A-level), and Andy also speaks French , which is invaluable when dealing with the increasingly important Belgian and French markets. We also regularly sell to Spanish, Dutch, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish and Icelandic clients. Our website is available in several different languages each with their own sub-domain, eg www.fr.villasfox.com, which are listed with Google to maximise exposure to international clients.
4. WE ONLY SELL DIRECT LISTING PROPERTIES, ie we focus 100% of our energy on promoting properties which are our direct listings with the owners. We don´t sell properties for other agencies. So, not only does that mean that we will prioritise finding a buyer for YOUR property, but it also means that potential buyers can be reassured that they will only have to deal with ONE AGENCY if they see your property advertised by us!
5. We have a wider selection of properties in the San Miguel de Salinas area than ANY OTHER AGENT which is why buyers and other agents call us first. To highlight this, some recent statistics from Rightmove showed that almost 40% of ALL San Miguel property leads go to Villas Fox, with no other agent obtaining more than 12% of the leads!! An important benefit to you from this is that we already have a MASSIVE database of potential clients we can market your property to.
6. Our modern office with lots of window-space is ideally positioned on the busiest road in San Miguel, with lots of parking spaces and is open at least 48 hours per week including Saturdays! Some of our local competitors only open 30 hours per week in comparison! We often conduct viewings on Sundays too.
7. IMPORTANT ADVICE - We can give you solid advice from the outset about everything to do with marketing your property, including your likely costs in plusvalia tax, energy and habitation certificates, 3% retention, costs of rectifying title deeds to include swimming pools and extensions etc. By discussing these costs on day one, you will not have any nasty surprises the week before you go to the notary to complete the sale! Our valuations are free and not flattering, ie we will not deliberately over-estimate the true value of your property in order to gain your business, as this wastes time for you and can give your property a "left-on-the-shelf" effect if it fails to sell promptly. Nor do we under-estimate the value in order to gain a quick sale. Instead we will work hard to maximise your proceeds from the sale, and use our negotiating skills to make sure that you get the very best deal possible.
8. We believe in taking our time to make sure the photographs of your property look professional and stunning, and for that reason we use professional photographic equipment, and spend a considerable amount of time editing and choosing the best photos to use. The presentation of our properties also benefits from input from our sons Patrick and Ollie. Patrick is a maths and computer science undergraduate who advises us on website design and systems. Ollie has a good head for marketing and graphic design, and was responsible for designing our eye-catching logo! For our sole agency clients we offer a 360º virtual tour service:
9. In this day and age, a strong internet and social media presence is of course essential for a business like ours, especially to attract international clients. Our own websites are extremely well-positioned on Google to attract buyers of apartments and villas looking in this area, and we also advertise on several high-ranking international portals which currently include Rightmove, Kyero, Green-Acres, Think Spain, A Place in the Sun, Yaencontre, Wallapop and Makoo. We also have a free Villas Fox app on the Play Store to give mobile users the best experience. We run the San Miguel Forum on Facebook with over 3,000 followers, which allows us exclusive advertising of Villas Fox properties.
10. Our fees are not exorbitant, and we believe in delivering excellent value-for-money above all. We aim to be the BEST, not the cheapest! Any agency offering to sell your property for less is likely to want to make a quick sale and move on to the next one, rather than spending time marketing your property correctly and obtaining the very best price for you. Either that or they intend to charge the buyer as well as the seller (this is a common practice) which means that their margin is not transparent. We prefer to keep all parties informed about all costs and prices, with total transparency, and according to the law, in order to protect you. As someone once said, buying a cheap suit could be the most expensive purchase you ever make! We believe that because we are so well-established with a high volume of existing clients that we are much more likely to bring you a buyer who is willing to pay the full asking price, or close to it, than less well-established agencies. That means that the net proceeds to you are likely to be higher with Villas Fox.
11. Although we recommend the services of a solicitor, we will take an active role in the sale up until completion and beyond, since finding a buyer can sometimes be only the first step in a daunting process if you don´t regularly sell Spanish property. We are here to provide the guidance and reassurance you need, including the best advice about how to process the bankers draft you will receive in order to save hundreds of euros on bank charges and exchange rates.
12. Should you decide to leave keys with us, they are never labelled with the property address, and are stored in a safe behind strengthened glass in our former bank cashier´s box (our office was previously a bank and is alarmed with video surveillance connected to a central monitoring station!)
13. Andy is a former mortgage consultant for Bancaja (now Bankia) and is not afraid to ask questions about a buyers´ finances and to offer them realistic assistance in getting a Spanish mortgage, which allows us to connect buyers only with properties in their affordable range. Sorelle has a long track record in customer service and administration, and is often the friendly voice our clients hear first when they contact us to enquire about properties and arrange viewings with us.
14. FEEDBACK - we understand how important it is to keep you informed of progress with enquiries and viewings. In fact we have recently developed a system to allow owners to monitor this directly on-line. You will have access to your own page which shows how many viewings and enquiries your property has received, the nationality of the clients, where the lead was generated from etc. It also includes a comparison of your advertised price with previous sales of similar properties, and suggests a benchmark price based on the average price per m2 for your type of property. This could prove invaluable in helping you decide if you are marketing your property at the right price or not!
15. Having been in business for a long time locally, we now have a superb network of professionals that we rely on as part of the selling process, e.g. architects, solicitors, builders and bank managers. We are widely respected for our efficiency in making sure the sales process goes smoothly from start to finish, and we get lots of recommendations from solicitors for example who know that they are putting their clients in good hands with us if they are looking to buy or sell. Andy holds the Técnico de Gestión Inmobiliario/Agente Propiedad Inmobiliaria Diploma which is the official course of the Asociación Profesional de Inmobiliarios. The objective of the course is the specialization in the management of real estate companies, as well as the theoretical knowledge necessary in the professional field of real estate law and urban management. Although the industry is currently not regulated in this region, there are moves afoot to change that, in order to protect consumers. In the future therefore, it may be compulsory for estate agents to undertake formal training such as this, and belong to a professional body.
16. Despite fears over Brexit, our business has gone from strength to strength since 2016, and have recently converted from self-employed to S.L. company status. This doesn´t mean that we want to expand the company though, as we know our clients prefer to deal with a small and friendly family company that is focussed on their needs, rather than a large corporation.
17. We operate on a "no sale, no fee" basis, ie we only charge for our services upon successful completion of the sale. Our terms do not restrict which solicitor/lawyer you can use. We are happy to work with the lawyer of YOUR choice (although for your own protection we do strongly recommend you use an official lawyer on the list found at: https://www.abogacia.es/servicios-abogacia/censo-de-letrados/).
18. We allow you to use multiple agencies. However, if you prefer to place your trust solely in us (as many vendors do), then we will repay that trust by doing all we can to find a good buyer for you in a short period of time.
19. Should you change your mind at any time, then we understand that life is not always predictable, and circumstances change. We will give you good advice prior to marketing your property, to make sure that it´s the right decision for you, but are always available to discuss any changes to your plans.
20. Please take time to read our testimonials page, because most of our business comes via recommendations and many of our former clients have had some extremely positive words to say about the service we have provided. Now give us a call to make an appointment, or pop into our office for a chat! You can find all our contact details here.
|Sorelle Fox||Andy Fox|